which cyotkines as adjuvants for immunization of mice?

Thomas Schnibbe schnibbe at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Wed Apr 22 16:04:47 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,
imagine you want to administer a synthetic vaccine construct to Balb/c
mice. The construct shall confer protective immunity against a bacterial

pathogen (the bac is not an intracellular pathogen).
You now want to add cytokines as adjuvants.
My questions: Which cytokines would you use? What is the state of the
art in the confusing field of cytokine interaction/networking for this
approach?
Any references/citations for _this_ question? (I got all the _basic_
cytokine papers I would guess....)

My thoughts are to favor a Th2 response and to use IL-4 and GM-CSF.

Thank you very much in advance,
Thomas Schnibbe

_____
Thomas SCHNIBBE
_____
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Molekulare Genetik
_____
Ihnestr. 73     14195 Berlin     Germany
_____
tel    +49 (0)30-8413-1280
fax    +49 (0)30-8413-1385
email    schnibbe at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de