Exon orientation(ת¼Ä)

SYSOP.bbs at DNS.CST.SH.CN SYSOP.bbs at DNS.CST.SH.CN
Wed Apr 22 04:40:21 EST 1998

·¢ÐÅÈË: donkey (Сë¿), ÐÅÇø: Bioinfo
±ê  Ìâ: Re: Exon orientation
·¢ÐÅÕ¾: ÉúÃüÐþ»ú (Wed Apr 22 00:35:09 1998) , Õ¾ÄÚÐżþ

As my knowledge, intron larger than 80 kb is not rare, but I can't
suppose an exon with the opposite orientation.

You can try locate polya signal sequence in it and check its orientation.

Anyway if the last exon sequence is linked with the previous exon
in cDNA seq (you may exclude the possibility of chimeric cDNA seq
in cloning process) The problem maybe in the genomic sequence. When
large genomic sequences are generated from unordered sequence
fragments, there maybe some errors for repeat sequence.

There is also other possiblities, such as pseudogene. If the cDNA
sequence match the genomic sequence not very well, it's very possible.
You can check their both location to check this possiblity.

¡¾ ÔÚ samy (:-) µÄ´ó×÷ÖÐÌáµ½: ¡¿
: DDear netters,
: Recently comparing a human cDNA sequence with a genomic sequence in the
: GenBank, I found something which looked like a complete gene sequence. It
: had 15 exons and 14 introns. What was really amazing is that the last exon
: (almost half of the total cDNA) was 80 kb from the previous one and had an
: opposite orientation. What do you think, is it really possible?
: Simon Hoffenberg
: Baylor College of Medicine
: Houston, TX