Pierce snakeskin dialysis tubing

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 07:20:27 EST 1998

Richard J. Dudley (rdudley at nrc.uab.edu) wrote:
: Robin Lee Tremblay wrote:
: >
: > Has anyone tried out the new dialysis tubing from Pierce? Apparently it
: > doesn't require any prep to use. Does it really work as well as the
: > regular dialysis tubing?
: >

: I tried their 10 kDa MWCO, and I didn't notice any great difference in
: performance.  It seemed to work just fine.  It's real appeal is that you
: can just pull it out of the container and use it right away.

Indeed it seems like a good idea, and it's hard to see how it could be
less effective than traditional lab-prepped tubing.

But I can't help adding that "Pierce" seems an unfortunate name for a
company selling dialysis tubing.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from, but not \ MRC Human Genetics Unit,
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk            | on behalf of  /  Western General Hospital,