single copy plant gene

Cayetana Schluter cschlute at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 27 19:36:02 EST 1998

Hello everyone,

I'd like to find out if a plant I'm working on is diploid or
tetraploid. Not much work has been done on this plant, so I can't just
look up this information (one source says that it's tetraploid, but
dosen't mentione how it came to this conclusion). I would like to do a
southern blot, but for this I need a single copy gene. Does anybody know
off hand of any single copy plant genes? If I'm lucky one might hybridize
to my plant. I'd also appreciate any hints as to any other methodes for
determining ploidy.

Thanks

Cayetana