DNA pooling.

Yankit Tam yktam at aecom.yu.edu
Mon Apr 27 16:08:51 EST 1998

Hi everyone,

I am working on a DNA pooling experiment in which I
pooled DNA from a number of individuals and then a
polymorphic marker is amplified via PCR.  The genotypes
of these individuals are known.  My objective is to
see if I can get the same allele frequency distribution
from a single PCR with pooled DNA as I do PCR with
individual samples.  Besides fluorescent primers,
has anyone tried other methodologies to quantiate
the pcr bands?  I'd be grateful if you could share
your experience.  Thank you.

Kit

Kit Tam
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Bronx  NY 10461
USA