granulosa cell RNA

r.l.bates bch140 at sysa.abdn.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 06:16:28 EST 1998

I'm trying to extract RNA from human granulosa cells collected
during oocyte aspiration for IVF. At the moment I am using the
Chomaski and Sacchi method after extracting the granulosa cells.

The first time I tried extracting RNA I cultured the cells first
which gave RNA, now I have just been collecting the cells and
going straight to RNA extraction and getting nowhere.

Do I need to culture them first or do I need to get hold of the
oocyte aspirates more quickly and put them on ice?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
R.L.Bates

Depts of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Molecular and Cell
Biology,
University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.