Human cell line

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Apr 29 05:20:40 EST 1998

Dear Eugene,

Of course it depends on what you want to prove - I forgot to mention
this issue.
When testing plasmids for overexpression 293s perform  great, at
least for my constructs, before I throw them on limited
and difficult material like primary cultures.

Wo

> Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:
>
> > I'd use 293 HEK (human embryonal kidney cells). They grow faster
> > that you can split them under almost any conditions and are
> > easiliy transfected with calcium phosphate methods.
> >
> > Just a thought,
> >
> > Wolfgang
>
> Since 293 cells are highly transformed by viral oncogenes, I would
> doubt that they have "stable, diploid karyotype" .
>
> Just another thought.
>
> Eugene.

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------