Help with Mycobaterial DNA Prep

genesis d.xu at genesis.co.nz
Thu Apr 30 22:40:07 EST 1998

Fellows,

I am currently attempting to prep plasmid DNA from transformed mycobateria, but
am experiencing annoying genomic DNA contamination in the final product.

Does anyone out there have, or have reference to, a protocol for purifying
nice, clean plasmid DNA from transformed mycobacteria?

My current protocol involves simple mycobacterial lysis via SDS and Proteinase
K, the simple CTAB and phenol/chloroform extraction of DNA.

Anyway help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Damian.

<d.white at genesis.co.nz>