Extraction of RNA from heart tissue

Patrick F.H. Lai pfhlai at LOOKSMART.COM
Sat Aug 1 21:02:29 EST 1998

---- Begin Original Message ----
     Bart,
     I have extracted RNA from rodent hearts and have found that whilst=

     atrium consistently gives good quality RNA, ventricle is packed wi=
th
     nucleases and so yields RNA which always seems somewhat degraded. =

---- End Original Message ----

Dear Deb,

It's interesting to know that nuclease activity is higher in the
ventricles.  I wonder why...... There must be some genes that have to
be tightly regulated post-transcriptionally, I suppose.
I would like to have any references on it, please.
Thank you.

Patrick F.H. Lai
Grad. Student, U of Toronto

LookSmart =85 or keep looking.