While we're on Acrylamide....

Peter pxpst2 at SPAM.SUXS.unixs.cis.pitt.edu
Sun Aug 2 12:19:39 EST 1998

In article <6q0r1j$32e$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, weazel at blarg.net wrote:

> Any of you chemistry-saavy types know what sort of nastiness one is exposedt
> to from BURNING acrylamide? Say....when your gel box arcs and catches on
> fire? Not that this has ever happened to me, of course (heh heh!)

An arc would not be sufficent to cause the acryilamide to burn because
Arylamide is not flamable by nature.  But if you placed the gel in a bomb
calorimeter and ignited it, you would find CO, CO2, and CN.

Peter

--
"Don't you eat that yellow snow
            watch out where the Huskies go"    FZ