FISH questions

Chris Odt chriso at dfrc.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 3 11:19:53 EST 1998

Hello.......I am developing a technique for our lab where we will identify
various species of bacteria via fluorescently labeled DNA oligo probes.  I
am spotting 2-4 ul spots of culture suspension on 6 well, teflon coated
Cell-Line slides, that have been previously "cleaned" with 10% KOH and
"subbed" with gelatin and chromium.  My question is, can these slides be
re-used?  If so, how should they be treated, etc., before I clean and sub
them again?

Thanks to all for any suggestions.........Chris Odt