Q Toxicological properties of Wortmannin (from Penicillium fumic

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Aug 4 05:08:33 EST 1998

Hi all,

I'm using wortmannin (dissolved in DMSO - is likely to penetrate
gloves and skin) for inhibiting PI-3-kinase. IC50 is quite low (5nM),
so 1 mg is lasting virtually forever. My stock solution is 1mM.

Has anybody out there knowledge to share about intoxication symptoms
(the MSDS says nothing about this issue)? Are there long term

BTW - I neither want to poison coffe makers, water dispensers, sugar
boxes or lovers.

usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm