Q Toxicological properties of Wortmannin (from Penicillium fumic

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Aug 4 05:08:33 EST 1998

Hi all,

I'm using wortmannin (dissolved in DMSO - is likely to penetrate
gloves and skin) for inhibiting PI-3-kinase. IC50 is quite low (5nM),
so 1 mg is lasting virtually forever. My stock solution is 1mM.

Has anybody out there knowledge to share about intoxication symptoms
(the MSDS says nothing about this issue)? Are there long term
effects?

BTW - I neither want to poison coffe makers, water dispensers, sugar
boxes or lovers.

Wolfgang
-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm