Are there reports of identifying RAPD probe for functional gene ?

Deepak Khandka deepak at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Tue Aug 4 04:01:58 EST 1998

Hi there,

I would like to know if there are more reports of identifying RAPD or SCAR marker that represented (as a probe to) a functional gene. I found following reference:

Garcia D.K., DharA.K. and Alcivar-Warren A.
Molecular analysis of a RAPD marker (B20) reveals two microsatellites and differential mRNA expression in Penaeus vannamei.
Molecular Marine Biology and Biotechnology 5(1): 71-83(1996)

Deepak Khandka
Campus Sede Boker
Ben-Gurion University
Israel