Recipe for Phenol:guanidinium mix?

ELADER at AMBION.COM ELADER at AMBION.COM
Tue Aug 4 13:03:47 EST 1998

In article <3.0.32.19980803122051.006e8758 at imm2.imm.uth.tmc.edu>,
  dhavilan at IMM2.IMM.UTH.TMC.EDU ("David L. Haviland, Ph.D.") wrote:
> At 15:12 8/3/98 GMT, ELADER at AMBION.COM wrote:

> Umm.. then why are the clones for Taq polymerase available from ATCC?

I have no idea. Actually, the patent may not cover the polymerase, only the
use of it in the PCR. So, you may be free to own it, but not use it. Kinda
stupid, I know. The distinction between personal use and selling it just does
not exist in the legal sense of the law.

Eric.