HELP!! transformation problems

Frederik Boernke boernke at
Wed Aug 5 13:27:03 EST 1998

P.J. v. Santbrink wrote:
> Dear fellow scientists,
> I'm having trouble to get my Coli's competent (chemical method).
> I follow the protocol  from Chung et al (PNAS Vol 86, 1989):

You should try to search this groups' archive at, because
this topic has been discussed quiete frequently (no reproach of course
but just a thought). However, we use the method by Hanahan, Mol.Biol.
557-580, 1983 with XLI-blue which always works fine. Another, even more
efficient method was pulished by Inoue et al., somewhere in Gene when
I remember right.

Good Luck

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3