protein concentration

D. Pearton pearton at
Thu Aug 6 18:27:42 EST 1998

Leon Schurgers (l.schurgers at wrote:
: Hello,

: I have a protein which only dissolves in 8 M urea or very high or low
: pH. Does anyone know how to measure the protein concentration in one of
: these solutions?

There is a kit from Genotech called the "Dotmetric" system.  It uses
1 microlitre of solution and is not sensitive to urea, SDS or pH.  We've
had some good success with it.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with the company.

Dave Pearton
pearton at
Down he sank in a chair-ran his hands through his hair-	+
     And chanted in mimsiest tones			+
Words whose utter inanity proved his insanity,		+
     While he rattled a couple of bones.		+
"The Hunting of the Snark" Lewis Carroll		+