DH5alphas are growing slowly.

Mr. G. Morley gmorley at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 07:20:08 EST 1998

Hello all,
	      I have a rather strange problem. I have some competent
DH5a that I made and transformed with a number of plasmids.
The majority of the plasmids (alll amp resistant) grew up on
amp plates o/n at 37oC. SOme plasmids however (PRK plasmid with which
I am not familiar) did not grow up o/n. I left these plates in a further
24 hours at 37oC and lo and behold colonies were visible (non
being visible on the cells only plate). Has this happened to anyone before
or does anyone think they can explain it? If so I would be delighted to
hear from them. I have never witnessed this before and am at a loss.
Thanks in adance,
					Gary Morley
					g.morley at ucl.ac.uk