Fillling in/Chewing back/Blunting - will this work?

Andy Groves grovesa at cco.-removespam-.caltech.edu
Sat Aug 8 22:21:01 EST 1998

A simple question for you. Will this reaction work?

BamHI end:      G A T C C N N N N N N .....
                        G N N N N N N ......

Add Klenow and A, T, G, but *not* C

to give           A T C C N N N N N N .......
                  T A G G N N N N N N ........

....i.e., filling in three bases and chewing back the lone G to give a
blunt end.

Half my molecular colleagues say this will work, the other half say I will
be left with a protruding G.......

Any advice appreciated!