Oligo stability in water at -20 C

Michael T. MacDonell sendero at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 10 10:53:01 EST 1998

Dear Chris:

The answer to most of your questions is "No".  Water, buffer, doesn't
matter. As far as the oligo is concerned, room temp, -20, -80, doesn't
matter.  Oligos are stable (although modifiers may not be). What you
are describing is nuclease degradation. Almost certainly caused by
bacterial contamination.  Talk to a Microbiologist, they can hep you.

Best Regards,
Mike