peptide acetylation

Gerald Arnett garnett at usd.edu
Tue Aug 11 12:57:37 EST 1998

To List-

I have a problem and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions. I have
4 peptides ranging from 700-950 daltons and need to acetylate them with
tritiated acetic anhydride to perform a binding constant assay. I do not
know the best way to remove the excess reagent without losing my peptide.
Once I get the reagent out, how do I determine the final conentration of
peptide? I thought of ploting the counts of radiation at various
concentrations of tritiated acetic anhydride as a standard curve and
determining the recovered peptides against the curve. Does this sound
plausible? I've never done this before and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you-

Jerry