Gel-Stop

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Wed Aug 12 12:00:41 EST 1998

> We have developed a sensor for automatically turning off the
> electrophoretic instruments and would like to know if there are any one
> interested in such a product
>
> Narayana R.Isola

It seems to me that the major use for such a sensor would be to allow an
operator to start a gel run in the lab before leaving for the night or
for some extended period during the day.  The problem as I see it is
that if most gels sit around for any length of time before processing,
resolution suffers due to diffusion of the bands.  Just my humble
opinion, but I think this problem might limit the utility of such a
device.
--Dom Spinella