Oligo stability in water at -20 C

Richard P. Grant see_sig at cmtech.co.delete.uk
Wed Aug 12 11:04:17 EST 1998

In article <19980812151539.19492.rocketmail at send102.yahoomail.com>,
rjdudley at yahoo.com wrote:

: > Pure water is pH 7.0 by definition.   (Equal concentration of H+ and
: > OH-).  If your pH meter reads 6, then it is the pH meter that is
: failing,
: > not necessarily the water.  And I will add that most pH meters
: cannot give
: > a precise reading in such weakly buffered conditions, so do not feel
: that
: > you have an inferior product!
:
: The definition is true; however, Milli-Q is not "pure by definition"

well, I never actually claimed it was.  I said the pH of pure water, by
definition is 7, /not/ that Milli-Q water is pH 7 by definition.

rgds,

Richard

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
Senior R&D Scientist          |             work: www.cmtech.co.uk
Cambridge Molecular           |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
             -- Standard corporate disclaimers apply --