Statistics of reporter assays

Martin Thompson bugeater at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 16 06:00:51 EST 1998

Hi,
   I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the statistics
required for analysis of reporter gene assays.  I have been transfecting
promoter deletion constructs with a luciferase reporter gene into
various cell lines with a cotransfected beta-gal expression vector for
normalisation of transfection efficiency.  I am trying to determine a
responsive region within the promoter by transfecting cells which either
express or do not express the protein of interest.
  My problem is that I really do not have much idea of the kind of
statistics and data manipulation that would need to be performed in
order to determine where this responsive region is.
 Does anyone have any experience in this sort of thing, or have any
ideas?

thanks,
       Marty.