SYBR Gold for staining RNA on a positively charged nylon membrane

Sun Aug 16 11:15:17 EST 1998

In article <35D4D850.15711DFC at>,
  dhussey at wrote:
> Dear netters,
> Does anyone have a reliable protocol for using SYBR Gold to stain RNA on
> Ambion Brightstar plus positively charged nylon membrane. I have
> contacted the manufacturers of SYBR Gold directly and they were only
> able to tell me that it can be done, but they could not provide a
> protocol !

Well that's scary. I will check on Monday whether anyone at Ambion has tried
cybergold on a membrane. In any case, there's nothing inherantly different
about our membrane that should make things more difficult.

elader at