radio-isotope course

Peter pxpst2 at unixs.cis.pitt.edu
Mon Aug 17 15:07:44 EST 1998

In article <35D85508.45D7 at rz.uni-jena.de>, b5wojo at rz.uni-jena.de (Johannes
Woestemeyer) wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> during my preparations for a freshly designed practical course in
> radioisotope handling I would be interested in informations frm other
> institutes, experiments, text books, internet sources and similar that
> might help to improve teaching in this field.
>
> Any hints or advice for me?

When I took Radiochemistry a long time ago, We used the book "Nuclear and
Radiochemistry" by Gerhart Friedlander et al. The publisher was Wiley &
Sons.  It is an old book published in 1981 but it is a really good book.
I have never seen one as comprehensive in the physics and chemistry of
Radioisotopes.  I use it even today to look up those pesky half lives that
keep slipping through my memory.

Hope this is what you were looking for,
Peter

--