DNA isolation SOP

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 04:51:25 EST 1998

P.M. Klabbers (klabbersNOSPAM at tref.nl) wrote:
: Can somebody recommend an DNA isolation procedure for:
: Pseudomonas aeruginosa
: Bacillus subtilis
: Staphylococcus aurius
: E.coli

I presume you mean chromosomal DNA, not plasmid DNA as assumed by
another responder.

A quick method that has worked well for me with several species is:

1. Owen, R. J. and Borman, P. (1987) `A rapid biochemical method for
   purifying high molecular weight bacterial chromosomal DNA for
   restriction enzyme analysis.' Nucleic Acids Res., 15, 3631.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from, but not \ MRC Human Genetics Unit,
Christopher.Boyd at hgu.mrc.ac.uk  | on behalf of  /  Western General Hospital,