New Plasmid Drawing Program!

Zhencai Wu wuz at EM.AGR.CA
Thu Aug 20 11:10:08 EST 1998

Hi there,

Recently I have seen many posts discussing the Plasmid Drawing Program with PC version. Is there any one who is familiar with the Plasmid Drawing Program called Plasmid ToolKit (PTK)? My ideal program is which could provide me with detailed information regrading restriction enzymes and their positions, ORFs and positions, linear vs circular map with sequence information, presentation software-compatible, and so forth.

I highly appreciate any suggestions and comments in advance.

Zhencai Wu
PARC-Summerland
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada

Richard P. Grant wrote:

> In article <35D9DB30.476C7EC5 at bmb.leeds.ac.uk>, bmbjmm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
> (Jez Murray) wrote:
>
> : I checked another one out today
> : its a link off paul hengen's hp:
> : http://www-lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/
> : its shareware
> : + it looks functional:
> : http://www.hytti.uku.fi/~kiviraum/plasmid/plasmid.html
> :
> Hmm couldn't get onto there (connection refused by remote host).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
> Senior R&D Scientist          |             work: www.cmtech.co.uk
> Cambridge Molecular           |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
>              -- Standard corporate disclaimers apply --
thats a bit strange
r u sure your comp has an IP address
there was a time when the PC i woz using didn't have an IP address
i often got the connection refused message.
however,
if that is not you prob i dunno
i downloaded it no probs
and dbl checked the site today

l8rz
.   .-. .-.   .-. .-.   .-. .-.   .-. .-.   .-. .-.   .-. .-.   .-. .-
|\ /|||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|||X||
||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|||X|||/ \|
-' `-'   `-' `-'   `-' `-'   `-' `-'   `-' `-'   `-' `-'   `-' `-'   `
Jeremy Murray                           MAIL: bmbjmm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology        TEL:  +44 113 233 2591
Leeds University, LEEDS LS2 9JT  FAX:  +44 113 233 3167
 http://www.smb.leeds.ac.uk/wwwsb/jez.html

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !
                                                           !