deaerate or not deaerate

Roger Murphy murphy_r at licre.ludwig.edu.au
Thu Aug 20 19:02:31 EST 1998

>If you store your stock Acrylamide in the refrigerator than degasssing
>generally is not needed because at colder temps the stock acrylamide is
>not capable of hold much gas. (see Henry's Law)
>
>Peter

Excuse me??? I was always under the impression from my dim dark chemical past
that the partial pressure of gases in solution goes UP with decreasing
temperature and DOWN with increasing temperature, or have I misinterpreted all
those phase diagrams that used to drive me crazy....

Roger

Roger Murphy, Ph.D.
Biological Production Facility
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research