unique human dna sequence

John Ladasky jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 20 04:23:59 EST 1998

In article <CA2C762A0DB0D111B2C800805F3116DBA187F8 at SERVER21>,
Adrian Ishkanian <AIshkani at BCCANCER.BC.CA> wrote:
>I'm looking for a unique stretch of human DNA that I can use as an
>internal control for my PCR reactions.  Does anyone have any ideas?

	What do you mean by "unique"?  Understanding the exact nature
of your assays will help to suggest an appropriate DNA sequence. Are
you working with, say, chimps alongside some human samples, and you
want to make sure that you haven't contaminated your chimp DNA with
human DNA?

--
Rainforest laid low.
"Wake up and smell the ozone,"