Quantifying DNA by fluorometry

Linda Western western at cepheid.com
Wed Aug 26 15:21:06 EST 1998

We buy quantitated DNA fragments from GenSura Labs (Del Mar, CA;
800-436-7872), Cat #QSK101.  They supply 3 tubes containing a 1000bp
fragment, a 500bp fragment, and a 200bp fragment each at 100ug/mL.  You
should choose the fragment length closest to the one you are amplifying or
attempting to quantitate.  We then set up a dilution of one of these
standards (100 ng down to 0.1ng) and use this as our standard curve.  Good
luck!

Linda Western
Senior Scientist
Cepheid