Validation of Revici (was) Re: Resveratrol and the Great Grape Conspiracy

SPHINX Technologies sphinx at world.std.com
Thu Aug 27 15:55:31 EST 1998

In article <1998082716564500.MAA06452 at ladder03.news.aol.com>,
BeWelKel <bewelkel at aol.com> wrote:
>    If Resveratrol is a sterol or fatty alcohol or acts like them, that
>wouldn't be surprising.  Dr. Emanuel Revici was the first to put forward the
>idea that cancer is dualistic -- what is beneficial for the treatment of one
>type of cancer will accelerate the growth of the opposite type of cancer.
>     On a practical level, some cancer patients find that they feel better when
>they consume fish oils, while others find temporary relief from pure,
>unhydrogenated vegetable oils.  In each case. the wrong oils will cause an
>increase in pain and discomfort.
>      Anyone who tries this and discovers the truth of it will have
>experiential validation of the Revici Method.
>     - Kelley

My own theoretical view, for whatever it is or isn't worth, is that the
folks who believe they have found the "cancer organism" (Scott, Glover,
Rife, Livingston-Wheeler, Slifkin, Acevedo, Clark, Fonti, and many others)
have it right, and the differences in response of different tumors to
the same medication or protocol are due to differences in the cell line
that organism has infected.  In the particular case of resveratrol and
estrogen-responsive breast tumors, the marginally adverse effects would
be due to the (chance?) similarity of resveratrol to estrogen and its
resulting ability to affect the estrogen receptor on the infected cell.
I.e. if this theory is correct, there would be two balancing effects
in this case.  One is the tendency of resveratrol to mimic estrogen in
stimulating division of these estrogen-responsive cells, and the other
is resveratrol's toxicity to the cancer organism.  If this view is
correct, then there might be the possibility of altering the resveratrol
molecule in a way which preserves the toxicity to the cancer organism
while interfering with its estrogen-receptor activity.  But research on
that idea would hinge on openness to the "pleomorphic bacterium" theory
of the cancer organism (Progenitor cryptocides, as Dr. Livingston-Wheeler
calls it).

Or it might be possible to find another molecule that blocks the
estrogen receptor so that resveratrol can be used without risk even
in this case.  Or (I don't know how much is known about this receptor)
possibly the receptor's RESPONSE to estrogen (secondary messenger molecules)
could be blocked somehow.

All of which, however, is of little immediate therapeutic use, but might
interest some alert researcher or other.

-John Sangster