water DNase and RNase free

Matt Thomas thomas at molbio.uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 27 07:52:49 EST 1998

I use water straight out of the nanopure tap.  I've had good luck with it
using it in in vitro transcription assays and I never use DEPC.  To much
trouble.  One thing to watch out for, in the past I used to autoclave the
nanopure water and occasionally I would end up with a bottle that had
"something salt like" in it (found my measuring conductivity).  So now I
just put the water into those sterial plastic screw tops tubs you can get
just about anywhere.

Matthew Thomas, Ph. D
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida
Thomas at molbio.uoregon.edu  (at least until I get my new one)

"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz