how to get evolution time distances between species?

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Fri Aug 28 17:56:36 EST 1998

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:55:46, "Han" <han at biogate.com> wrote:

> Dear netters,
>
> I would like to know the evolution distances in terms of million years which
> inferred from paleontological data between species. For instance the
> evolution distance between human and rodent can be set at 80 million years
> ago. But where can I get these value? It's better if I can find them from
> internet.
   It's also more likely that you'll get nonsense from the internet... WHere
did you get the 80 MYA value?

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer    | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321 |
| Dept Biochem, Cell &     |   PGegen at UKans.edu                   |
|  Mol Biol; Dept Botany   |   http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/     |
| University of Kansas     |                                      |
| 2045 Haworth Hall        |  "The sleep of reason produces       |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106 |   monsters."                  Goya   |