Recombinant zinc-finger proteins

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 31 14:54:04 EST 1998

In article <bbeitzel-3108981101410001 at idl04.salk.edu>,
bbeitzel at biomail.ucsd.edu wrote:

> When purifying recombinant zinc-finger proteins from E. coli, is it
> necessary to reconstitute the purified protein in an anaerobic atmosphere
> with zinc-containing solutions?  I've found some papers that do this, but
> then others don't mention it.  What is the state of the art?

Depends on the protein. Some do not efficiently refold and regain Zn if it
was missing from the refolding solutions, some like GATA type Zn fingers
can exchange Zn more easily with solution. Pick those references that
describe successful reconstitution of the structural class Zn finger
similar to yours.
Regards,
V.