Mouse hepatitis & Hybridoma

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 31 10:26:28 EST 1998

We've successfully immunized two mice that produce polyclonal serum with
appreciable titer. As an added bonus mice population in our vivarium have
been infected with mouse hepatitis virus and both of these mice are
positive. We were cautioned against using them for hybridoma production
because of the danger of infecting the rest of our hybridoma collection
with this virus. We are starting immunization of another group of mice but
we have no guarantee that the history will not repeat itself. I'd greatly
appreciate any suggestions/opinions on this subject especially on possible
(if any) ways to salvage the mice we already have for hybridoma production.
Regards,
V.