Phenol/CHCl3 rendering dsDNA single-stranded

Scott Craig s.craig at student.unsw.edu.au
Wed Dec 2 08:29:52 EST 1998

Rob,
If you want to do away with the phenol/chloroform perhaps you could use
temperature sensitive alkaline phosphatase (Gibco/Life Technologies). I have used
it a few times and it seems to work quite well, the only disadvantage is the
restriction on how much of the dephos reaction can be used in the ligation (due
to EDTA being in the inactivation buffer). It has always done the job in my
hands.

Scott Craig
Dept. of Biotechnology
University of New South Wales