anandamide etymon?

Steve Alexander Steve.Alexander at nottingSPam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 07:49:16 EST 1998

As you point out, the word anandamide is derived from the Sanskrit word
for bliss - "ananda", combined with the fact that it includes an amide
bond.  If you conduct Medline searches for either Rapahel Mechoulam or
Roger Pertwee, you should be able to find published confirmation of its'
derivation.

--
STEVE