Agrobacterium Ti plasmid preparation

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 04:34:29 EST 1998

Nancy Terryn (nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be) wrote:
: well I guess the title says it all. I am trying to get relative pure
: Agrobacterium Ti plasmid out of strain c58. I have tried the old Hirsh
: protocol from 1980, but with low succes. We have used pronase to get a
: better lysis of the cells, but it does not seem to help much. I also
: tried a protocol from MIT to purify large BAC clones, but that didn't
: work either. Any suggestions, references etc would be very wellcome...
: Thanks!

Take a look at,

   Li, X. Q., Stahl, R. and Brown, G. G. (1995) `Rapid micropreps and
   minipreps of Ti plasmids and binary vectors from Agrobacterium tumefaciens.'
   Transgenic Research, 4, 349-351.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from (but not \  MRC Human Genetics Unit
Christopher.Boyd at hgu.mrc.ac.uk  | on behalf of) /      Crewe Rd, Edinburgh