Transketolase as a QC

Jurgen Sasse microbio at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Sat Dec 12 03:12:38 EST 1998

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup, please advise me if not.

We are using a TK test to look for Vit B1 deficiency in racing camels. We
are using a modification of procedures from American Journal Clinical
Pathology (1971) Vol 55: 465pp. We calculate %TPP from measurements at 510 &
540 nm. So far we haven't been able to find QCs for our method. I have tried
TK from bakers yeast (Sigma T 6133) which didn't give reproducible results.
The TK from bakers yeast was reconstituted in water and used in our assay
instead of RBCs.
If you know of how to incorporate a QC in our method either using TK or some
other way please let us know. If you know of a better method please let us
know as well
Thank you very much, all the best, Jurgen

PS: The word camel and beauty have the same root in Arabic. Therefore,
please view the camel with the Courier New font and Western character set so
that it looks beautiful.

                              .._.----A.
                             /    @    ¦
                            (¯¯        ¦        _____
                             ¯¯¯-¬     /      /#######\
                                  \    |    / ######### \
                                  |    |  /   #########  \__
                                  |     \/    $ $ $ $ $      \
Jürgen Sasse, Ph.D.
Head of Molecular Biology
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory
P.O. Box 597
Dubai                           Tel. : +971(4)375-165
United Arab Emirates            Fax. : +971(4)368-638
                                email: microbio at emirates.net.ae