Transketolase as a QC

Jurgen Sasse microbio at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Sat Dec 12 03:12:38 EST 1998

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup, please advise me if not.

We are using a TK test to look for Vit B1 deficiency in racing camels. We
are using a modification of procedures from American Journal Clinical
Pathology (1971) Vol 55: 465pp. We calculate %TPP from measurements at 510 &
540 nm. So far we haven't been able to find QCs for our method. I have tried
TK from bakers yeast (Sigma T 6133) which didn't give reproducible results.
The TK from bakers yeast was reconstituted in water and used in our assay
instead of RBCs.
If you know of how to incorporate a QC in our method either using TK or some
other way please let us know. If you know of a better method please let us
know as well
Thank you very much, all the best, Jurgen

PS: The word camel and beauty have the same root in Arabic. Therefore,
please view the camel with the Courier New font and Western character set so
that it looks beautiful.

                             /    @    ¦
                            (¯¯        ¦        _____
                             ¯¯¯-¬     /      /#######\
                                  \    |    / ######### \
                                  |    |  /   #########  \__
                                  |     \/    $ $ $ $ $      \
Jürgen Sasse, Ph.D.
Head of Molecular Biology
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory
P.O. Box 597
Dubai                           Tel. : +971(4)375-165
United Arab Emirates            Fax. : +971(4)368-638
                                email: microbio at