Electrocompetent cells-HELP

Beny Spira benys at usp.br
Wed Dec 16 15:21:38 EST 1998

Hi all,

   I've prepared DH10B competent cells for electroporation.
Surprisingly, during the incubation following the electroporation the
cells lysed! The lysis was not caused by the electric shock, but by the
incubation at 37 C. I've tested several sources of medium  (LB) and all
caaused lysis of the cells. Does anyone have an idea about what's going
on?
                                   Thanks in advance,
                                                                Beny