Problem to make a big gel

Manchao Zhang mczhang at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Dec 17 17:51:53 EST 1998

Dear Everybody,

How to tell the difference of two DNA bands with 6 bp difference or
less? Currently, I have two methods, the first one is running MetaPhor
gel, the problem is the gel is too fragile to make a big gel, as I have
to load almost 100 samples or more each time; The other method is
running polyacrylamide gel, but which manufacturer has such an equipment
that I can load this amount of samples,but not the one used for DNA
sequencing? Any ideas?  Thank you very much!

M.Zhang