why no 28S RNA?

Joseph C. Bagshaw jbagshaw at wpi.edu
Sat Dec 19 08:08:19 EST 1998

The cryptic nick in the 28S rRNA has been known in insects for decades.
It seems to be very common among protostome phyla, but I don't know
whether it's universal among protostomes.  I know that all the crustacea
I've ever looked at have it, so finding it in a annelid would not be
surprising.

Joe Bagshaw, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
jbagshaw at wpi.edu
Roadkill on the information superhighway.