Useful program

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 22 13:41:04 EST 1998

In article <75nv7n$9c7$1 at mserv2.dl.ac.uk>,
wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

> sorry,
>
> neither ls nor diff exist in the windoofs environment
> Wo

Not as installed, but check out the DJGPP environment
at
     http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

This allows you to run many GNU/unix tools under DOS
and Win'9x - gcc, gxx, ls, gawk, sed, perl, tex, etc. etc.
A good (?full) implementation of ls and diff are
present and you can even run it all with the bash
shell if you want to make shell scripts.
     You can use the standard GNU documentation
or the info system.
     This is open source software - free.

I realise that this may be overkill for some
peoples needs and the program described in the
original post may be ideal for them but I just
thought I'd point out an alternative.
          Bernard

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with DJ Delorie
and any of his enterprises but (as you can tell)
I am a big fan of DJGPP.
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD