tight regulated vector construction

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 22 15:44:03 EST 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:26:48 +0900,
    Young Chai (ygchai at email.hanyang.ac.kr) wrote:

>I have a cloning problem which is new to me, though hopefully someone
>can help.
>Could anyone tell me that there are any promoters which completely block
>"leaking" of inserted gene in prokaryotic system (such as Bacillus)
>without using lac promoter.

The tightest control I know of is using the arabinose operon P-BAD
promoter in cells that over express the araC repressor.  I believe
that Invitrogen cells plasmids that over express araC and allow you
to express the protein of your choice from P-BAD.

Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research