incredible PCR results, who can help explain?

Jongrak Kittiworakarn jongrak at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 21:05:53 EST 1998

One of my friend used to have the same problem.
If you want to increase specificity you may try:
1. Increase the annealing temperature. You may try ordinary PCR ( with
out touch dowm) first to find the highest possibly annealing temperature
that you can get your product. Then try increasing your yield by touch
down PCR in the later cycle.
2. Lower the primer concentration in the first few cycle, then increase
the concentration for the later cycles.

I think the first one will be more convenient.

Get Your Private, Free Email at