MAP peptide

Soenke Behrends behrends at plexus.uke.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Dec 28 17:30:12 EST 1998

Dear netters,

I plan to generate a peptide antibody against a cytosolic
protein.

Through this newsgroup I have been made aware of
the Multiple Antigenic Peptide (MAP) System, where
4 or 8 peptide arms branch out from a lysine core
matrix. So it is big enough to be immunogenic but there
are no other immunogenic components like KLH.

This is what peptide synthesizing company claim
as advantages
    * No conjugation with carrier protein required
    * Highly immunogenic peptide
    * Produces highly specific antibodies
    * Costs less than normal conjugated peptide
    system

What are the disadvantages???

Of the following alternatives
-MAP System; 4 branches, asymmetric
-MAP System; 4 branches, symmetric
-MAP System; 8 branches, asymmetric
-MAP System; 8 branches, symmetric
which makes most sense for production of
an antibody against a human cytosolic
protein for research purposes
(Western, IP, Immunofluorescence)

Thanks a lot for your help and