Suggestions for extracting mRNA-oligo complex?

Arul Jayaraman jayarama at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 30 09:46:16 EST 1998

Hi
I am using antisense oligos to bind a surface receptor protein.  I can
monitor mRNA transcript levels of the receptor gene (without any bound
oligo) using Rt-PCR.  I would like to be able to follow the
association/dissociation kinetics of the receptor gene mRNA:oligo complex.
Is there any protocol for extracting RNA:DNA duplexes from cells? I am
using the Pharmacia mRNA extraction kit currently - basically lyse the
cells, bind to an oligo dT column, and elute out - can this method be used
to get intact mRNA/DNA duplex?
Thanks

Arul

Arul Jayaraman