detection of protein

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 3 11:21:19 EST 1998

Hi all,

I want to detect a protein, which has a number of potential
motifs potentially useful for detection !
These include sulfation, asn_glycosylation, myristylation
and amidation. Is it easy to detect these modification sites
and if yes, how do I do this ? Sulfation I have
figured out: just add 32S (as H2SO3) to the culture and
it (apparently) works. People here have some experience with
that already.

An additional problem is that I would like to be able to
detect by pulse chase the protein amongst total cellular
proteins, so f.i. what percentage of proteins is sulfated ?
could you reply by e-mail directly as well ?

Thanks, clemens suter-crazzolara, anatomy, heidelberg