inoue competent cells help !

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Wed Feb 4 07:53:24 EST 1998

In article <34D78683.6B66 at hifax.com>, Order at hifax.com wrote:

> Robot-Boy wrote:
> >
> > hey all,
> >
> > just some quick help. I'm going to try making competent cells the inoue
> > way, and only had the recipe for making the cells, but not for the actual
> > transformation. Do I just do the transformation the "regular" way ?
> > ie.thaw on ice, add DNA, wait 20-30 minutes, heatshock, chill, add SOC
> > and grow at 37 deg for 60 minutes, plate on selective media.
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > Ed
>
> Why don't you visit www.hifax.com site? You will get a charming protocol
> for making competent cell

A simpler answer would be ..... YES !

(If you want more deatil, 10 min on ice is enough and you can increase the
number of transformants a little bit, by adding beta-mercapto-EtOH or DTT
to 5-10 mM as you add the DNA)

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-635-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-635-68-16
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland