Isolation advice

Joanne & Christopher joanne.christopher at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 4 06:19:58 EST 1998

Hi,

I'm planning on collecting some white blood cells so the DNA/RNA can be
harvested later.  The plan is to collect a blood in an EDTA tube, spin
in the refrigerated centrifuge for 20 min, and then remove the
buffycoat.  This buffycoat would be frozen in a microcentrifuge tube, at
-70C.  I'm wondering if this will work OK, or if I should put a buffer
on this prior to freezing?  If I do require a buffer, which one, and
could you please suggest a method?  I am new to this type of work, and
would appreciate any advice.  Thanks,

Joanne